Thursday, November 28, 2013

Simple Apple Tart

Every year I try to recreate the apple tart Leonard has made, but my recipe sources always disappear.  So, here is the simple apple tart I made this year.



Simple Apple Tart

Sweet Pastry Dough
1 1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 egg
1 T. cold water

Filling
2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
2 T. melted butter
3 T. sugar

Glaze
1/2 c. sugar

Make the dough and cool in the refrigerator 1/2 hour.  Press into tart pan.  Fill with apples and fold the dough over the edges of the apples. Brush melted butter over the tart edges and the apples.  Sprinkle the sugar over the apples and tart edges. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes (I over cooked mine with that time) rotating every 15 minutes.

Make a glaze by boiling the apple cores and peels with 1/2 c. sugar and a small amount of water. (I think this could really be cut down. I'll try one apple peel/core and 2 T. sugar next time.)  Let the tart cool 15 minutes, then brush on the glaze.

I had a helper brushing the glaze on the tart.



No comments: