Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

More muffins. More pumpkin muffins. And these ones are even better. I got the recipe from Baking Bites, but I didn't follow it (shocking). I will add more of the original spices once they're available to me, because John thought they needed more spice.

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
1/2 c. butter, melted
3/4 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. yogurt or milk (yes, I used milk once and it was fine)
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cloves (didn't have)
pinch nutmeg
1/4 t. allspice (didn't have)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar

Streusel Topping
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. flour
pinch salt
1/2 t. cinnamon

The usual muffin-making deal: Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Blend together just until moist. Mix up topping into a crumb. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Add topping. Bake at 400 16-19 minutes. Yum.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

That looks so yummy!